Belize is Magical, Placencia is Unrivaled
Also known as the "the Jewel", the country of Belize appeals with the unmatched natural beauty of looming Mayan Mountains and lush jungles. From rainforests to reefs, her inherent splendor exudes serenity and whispers an invitation for exploration. From deep-sea diving to touring intricate temples, this is a destination filled with outstanding cuisine, enchanting culture, captivating arts and music, and of course, adventure. Balanced by luxurious beachfront relaxation in top destinations like Placencia - Belize offers the perfect opportunity for a getaway of discovery, wanderlust, and rest.
The Placencia Peninsula boasts one of the most well-known beachfronts in Belize. Along the peninsula, find an array of hotels, gift shops, restaurants, and quaint cafes. Enjoy fresh catch from the Caribbean Sea, local culture, and souvenir shopping on the famed Placencia sidewalk. After days well spent adventuring, eating, and mingling with the locals in town, return to top-rated resorts for well-deserved rest and pampering! Itz'ana makes the perfect place to stay with its ideal location: close enough to Placencia village to feel its heartbeat, and far enough removed to revel in the serenity and tranquility of a private beachfront.
Getting Here: By Land or Air
As the travel industry is on the mend, Belize is once again becoming easily accessible to travelers. To arrive in Belize by air, all international flights arrive at the Phillip Goldson International Airport. Here, domestic flights also available, taking tourists from the international airport to their local destinations, such as Placencia. To fly to Placencia, simply book your domestic flight from Belize City's PGIA to the Placencia airport, with local service providers such as Maya Island Air and Tropic Air.
As of June 2021, plenty of international flights to Belize are available, with more direct flights being added regularly! Included is an array of direct routes from major hubs in the United States, Canada, and Latin America.
To arrive by land, we're pleased to announce that Belize has recently reopened land borders. Land borders are open for leisure travel, and travelers crossing the border must provide proof of booking at a certified Gold Standard Resort, such as Itz'ana Resort and Residences.
Need-to-Know Before You Go: Entry Requirements
Whether arriving by land or air, entering Belize is made as quick and easy as possible. Travelers with proof of full immunization are no longer required to submit to testing, and for those who are unvaccinated there are a few simple steps to for COVID-19 safety
- Persons arriving in Belize are no longer required to download and use the Belize Health App
- International tourists must book a stay at a certified Gold Standard hotel and present confirmation at immigration
- Belize is now accepting proof of immunization. Travelers should have completed full immunization two or more weeks prior to travel.
- In place of immunization, travelers can present proof of a Covid-19 PCR test taken within 96 hours of travel OR proof of a negative rapid test (Rapid Antigen Sofia, SD Biosener, or ABBOTT) taken within 48 hours of travel
- For travelers returning to the united states or Canada, negative covid 19 tests are now required. To make your departure process as smooth as possible, antigen tests are available on site at Itz'ana Resort and can be scheduled with our concierge.
Embrace an Endless Summer
After sheltering in place and travel bans of 2020, you may find you are ready to escape for an endless summer getaway. Itz'ana is making your return to travel even more enjoyable with up to 30% off nightly rates with our Endless Summer offer. With this special offer, bookings for three nights or more receive Daily Continental Breakfast and a complimentary Antigen Test.